Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Glorious Pink Blooms

My Hydrangea plant has a huge cluster of pink blooms now. I can't help beaming with pride every morning when I checked on it before I leave for work. And they are P-I-N-K!! They are so BEAUTIFUL to look at!


It is said that the soil pH defines the colour of Hydrangea blooms. I guess my soil pH would be alkaline since I have pink bloom. My friend, Poh, who gave me the cutting of this Hydrangea has blue blooms. I assume that the liquid fertilizer that I sprayed on the leaves of the Hydrangea may be the reason for the pink blooms. Usually organic fertilizer (in my case, I use goat dung) will cause soil pH to be acidic (I read this somewhere). Since I didn't use much fertilizer on th soil, I guess that's why the soil pH is alkaline.


What ever the reason, I really love these pink Hydrangea blooms.






13 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous blooms! Can't wait to see ours in a few months. Thank you for posting!

Malar said...

Such a pretty pink bloom! I have a blue colour too! What brand of liquid fertilizer you're using?

Single Gal said...

They are just lovely!

I can only imagine what they smell like.

Stephanie said...

It's the sweetest colour of all JC. Nice! Slowly your neighbours and passers-by will be checking on the flower also.

J.C. said...

Hi Malar, I bought the usual red (Blooming) and green (foliar) fertilizer in powder form (the other type is in pellet/granules form). Just add a teaspoon to 1 liter of water. I spray the red fertiliser on my blooming plants. They do bloom frequently. It also make wonders to my Plumeria plant that didn't bloom for over a year. Now my Plumeria is also blooming gloriously.

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

What a bunch! like hundred flowers clustering..

Lynette said...

Beautiful!

Autumn Belle said...

It is not easy to get a pink hydrangea. Yours has a lovely shade.

Autumn Belle said...

JC, I would like to invite you to participate in The Earth Day Reading Project Blog Meme, dateline April 23. Do join me if you have time.

Wendy said...

beautiful pink hydrangea!

whenishutmyeyes said...

hi JC. yr hydrangeas bloom so well!! congratulations.i have blue ones at home but currently i saw some brown spots on the leaves n now the flowers are getting infected too. is it bcoz of the fungus? i wasnt quite sure whats causing it but do let me know if you know how to overcome the problem. poor my babies are sick...
LIYANA

Shepherd Dream said...

is hydrangea easy to take care? what's the name in chinese? currently i going to have some new plant in my house garden, can you recommend any flower/green plant is easy to take care especially for lazy people hehe. i going to plant 葱花. hope u can recommend me more.

miruku said...

Lovely colour! I haven't had a Hydrangea before, maybe should get one pot from the nursery later..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Custom Search